Thur/Fri, Jul 20/21, 2017 to Sun, Jul 23, 2017
Regular Family Camp:
Starts on Thursday, July 20th at 8:00 PM to Sunday, July 23rd at 1:00 PM
Extended Family/Teen Camp:
Starts on Thursday, July 20th 8:00 AM for persons enrolled.
- Special activities are planned for Teens/children enrolled in extended camp.
- Children less than 13 yrs need to be accompanied by at least one parent during night.
Note: If necessary, parents attending the camp on Thursday can leave for work and return in the evening.
All Payment Information is handled securely by Stripe Inc. We(Shantiniketan Camp) do not have access to any of your payment information
Lathrop E. Smith Environmental Education Center
5110 Meadowside Lane, Rockville, MD 20855
- Discussion on issues of identity, service, and leadership in relation to Hindus in America. The focus is on unity.
- Presentations on the culture, spirituality and the current issues by eminent community personalities.
- Moderated debates between parents and children to promote inter-cultural understanding
- Physical exercises, Yoga, games and entertainment.
- Video Show on life history of great people, Prayers, Bhajans, Pooja and group songs.
- Campfire: participants gather around the fire to share songs, skits, games and stories.
- Robotics, rocketry projects, magic show, Arts and STEM.
- $80 for campers of regular (Thu – Sun) camp.
- $25 For children of age two to five years. No charge for children age two and below.
- If more than 3 campers are registering from same family, to encourage participation of all family members, a special group discount is automatically applied. Counselor discountcode can be obtained by contacting the counselor coordinator Sheena Patel at email@example.com
- REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES: NIGHT STAY AT THE CAMP, FOOD AND ACTIVITIES
- CAMP SITE CLEANING FEE IS ALSO INCLUDED, IN THE REGISTRATION FEE.
- $15 Extra Fees per camper will be charged after July 01, 2017
- $20 Extra Fees per camper will be charged after July 13, 2017
For Registration enquires please contact:
- Registration Co-ordinator : Mahendra Sapa (Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph : 301-377-3247)
- Shivaram Sitaram(Ph : 301-515-8504)
- Hiren Patel(Ph : 443-514-5558)
- Ashwini Shetty(Ph : 732-882-2491)
For more information please email us at email@example.com
Camp Rules Discipline Guidelines
- Except for medical reasons, decided by the Camp Doctor, no camper will be allowed to leave the camp-site until the camp is officially concluded.
- Campers are not permitted to bring food, drinks, expensive jewelry, radio, TV, iPod, etc. to the campsite. Any cassette recorders, cameras, music players etc. that are brought for the overall cultural program or talent show must be deposited with the camp authorities upon arrival.
- Possession or use of alcoholic beverages or drugs on the campsite will constitute immediate grounds for dismissal.
- Gambling, fighting, harassment of other campers, use of indecent or threatening language shall not be permitted.
- Campers are expected to be in bed by 10:30 pm., and absolute silence should be maintained after that time.
- Campers will stay in their allotted tents/cabins. Boys and girls are not allowed in each other’s tents/cabins at any time.
- Campers are expected to keep the campsite clean at all times. This includes the tents/cabins, kitchen area, dining area, activity areas and the playgrounds.
- All campers must participate in all the activities planned for them unless excused by the camp doctor/nurse or camp director.
- Campers shall adhere to all the safety rules, which will be explained and discussed at the camp site.
- Campers are responsible to bring their own medications, in case you or your children have allergies or a medical condition that require medication.